Mothers, you know what you need?
It's really time that mother's just put the media to one side and ran their lives the way it suited them.
- Stop reading all the crap in the media about what defines a good mother, a proper wife or partner, a contributor or a role model.
- Find someone who brings you a cup of tea, who says “Just sit there. I can do it” and smiles at you because they love being around you
- Learn to say no to things you really don’t want to do or can’t do. And if they don’t hear you saying no then learn to say ‘I can’t manage that right now’.
- Take your own time – even if it’s half an hour, go and fill your well and grow your spirit
- Say yes to more things that enrich you, make you laugh and bring you into contact with your interests.Work hard at getting these things.
- Get rid of your heavy friends.
- Judge your success with your children more around whether they are happy and laughing, affectionate and considerate to others rather than how they compare to any other kid on the earth
- Practice daily gratitude – this is a transforming practice which somehow intrinsically delivers more of what you need miraculously into your life
- Be yourself not a shadow of who you thought you used to be